The right formula
3 good reasons to choose our qualification:
- Engaging topics such as Chemistry in Medicine and Fuel Cells
- Develop analytical skills and broaden career opportunities
- Reduced A2 content with removal of Arrhenius equation and carbon-13 NMR spectroscopy
This specification is for first teaching from September 2016.
Chemistry is the study of the composition, structure, properties and reaction of matter. Chemists are involved in many areas, including forensic analysis, research into synthetic pathways and developing medicines and alternative fuels.
The specification includes the major disciplines of analytical, physical, inorganic and organic Chemistry. It encourages students to:
- develop their interest and enthusiasm for Chemistry;
- draw together different areas of knowledge, skills and understanding; and
- develop essential knowledge and understanding of how the different areas of Chemistry relate to each other.