This specification is for first teaching from September 2008.
Our GCE Economics specification will help students gain an insight into some of the major issues facing society today. It will encourage students to:
- develop an interest and enthusiasm for the study of economics;
- appreciate the subject’s contribution to the understanding of the wider economic and social environment;
- develop an understanding of a range of concepts and an ability to use these concepts in a variety of different contexts;
- use an enquiring, critical and thoughtful approach to the study of economics and an ability to think as an economist; and
- develop skills, qualities and attitudes that will equip them for the challenges, opportunities and responsibilities of adult and working life.