Promoting linguistic diversity
3 good reasons to choose our qualification:
- The A level has moved from four units to six units with a wider choice of texts
- AS and A2 Extended Writing units will be reported on separately
- AS has a new section on Use of Language to develop written skills
This specification is for first teaching from September 2016.
It aims to enable students to:
- develop an enthusiasm for and an understanding of the language and culture in a variety of contexts and genres;
- communicate confidently, clearly and effectively in the French language for a range of purposes; and
- acquire knowledge and advanced skills that will help them progress to further study, higher education or employment.
Language learning can open up a world of opportunities to students. This specification will help students avail of these opportunities and take their place in a multilingual, global society.