GCE in History of Art
History of Art is the historical, theoretical and critical study of one or more of the areas of western or non-western art, architecture, craft and design.
Through studying this subject, students will develop knowledge and understanding of:
- the roles and achievements of practitioners;
- the relationship between society and art;
- art historical terms, concepts and issues;
- methods of researching, investigating and analysing; and
- how to use of evidence and how works are interpreted and evaluated.