Candidate Record Sheet
(PDF), Last Updated: 18 November 2011
Students must complete one coursework assignment for unit A2 2, which the teacher assesses and we moderate. It accounts for 25 percent of the total marks available for the A2 award.
Students must research, design and produce a report of no more than 4,000 words, on a research based activity. The chosen research area must be based on the content of unit AS 1, AS 2 or A2 1.
In carrying out the research, students must:
- identify and discuss issues associated with the chosen research area;
- select and interpret appropriate and relevant information;
- analyse information and judge its relevance to the chosen research area;
- plan and conduct primary research;
- present and interpret findings from research undertaken;
- draw conclusions using reasoned arguments; and
- reflect on and evaluate the research process.
The coursework assignment also includes an element of synoptic assessment. Students must draw together the knowledge, understanding and skills acquired in the different parts of the course.