Below are some exam tips for students:
| Exam Day Preparation
- Take time to carefully read the information, instructions and advice on the front of the exam paper.
- Make sure you understand how the marks are allocated. The number of marks allocated to each question is your guide to how much detail to include in your answer.
| Your Responses
- Read the question carefully and make sure you fully understand what is being asked. You are marked on how well you answer the question set.
- Keep asking yourself if you are answering the question. This will ensure that you keep your answers relevant.
- Stick to the point. Don’t waste valuable time writing details and facts that do not help answer the question.
| Managing Your Time
- Make sure you know how much time is allocated for the exam, and regularly check how much time you have left.
- Manage your time carefully. Make sure you allow enough time for each question.
- Don’t rewrite the question in your answer booklet. This wastes time as well as space in your answer booklet.
- If time permits, check over your answers and correct any errors.