Through studying our GCSE in Hospitality, students develop a broad knowledge and understanding of the hospitality industry. In particular, they learn about:
- how hospitality organisations operate;
- how the hospitality industry meets people’s needs;
- the products and services offered by the hospitality industry;
- employment possibilities in hospitality;
- the importance of quality and customer service in the hospitality industry;
- basic food hygiene practices; and
- the skills required to provide food and drink for customers.
Students develop the core skills required for working in the hospitality industry and transferable skills that are important in working life.
This specification provides opportunities for students to progress into further education, training and/or employment in the hospitality industry. Many students with a qualification in GCSE Hospitality go on to have successful careers as chefs, waiters, front office managers, events managers and/or account managers.