Revised GCE ICT
Our revised GCE ICT specification replaced the previous legacy specification and has been available for teaching since September 2008.
This qualification will give students opportunities to:
- develop knowledge, understanding and skills to meet human need in a broad range of activities;
- develop awareness of the management of resources to meet an identified human need in a diverse and ever-changing society, including values issues;
- take account of rapid technological changes and the growth of scientific knowledge and understanding;
- critically evaluate evidence to justify info rmed decisions;
- use info rmation and communication technology (ICT) where appropriate;
- develop innovative, creative and original ideas through active investigations; and
- make use of their wider knowledge and understanding.
This course will prepare students for a wide range of courses in Higher Education as well as employment in the ICT industry.