Post Primary ICT Accreditation Scheme
This academic year, 2012/2013, is the final year of the voluntary ICT Accreditation Scheme. The scheme will transition into the arrangements for statutory assessment of the cross-curricular skill of Using ICT from August 2013.
During this final round of the scheme those who have chosen to take part will:
- have opportunities to prepare for the statutory assessment of Using ICT;
- have pupils complete a number of assessed Using ICT activities;
- be able to submit pupil portfolios for moderation in 2012/13 (ahead of statutory assessment in 2013/14);
- be able to develop their understanding of the standards and the requirements of moderation ahead of statutory assessment in 2013/14;
- be able to award certificates of competence in Using ICT to Year 10 pupils during 2012/13.
Provided that at moderation your school's understanding of the Levels of Progression in Using ICT can be confirmed, then you will be exempt from moderation of statutory assessment (Using ICT) in 2013/14.
A range of resources has been developed to support you. These include:
- Levels of Progression to help support you in coming to a holistic judgement about pupils' levels of competence in Using ICT;
- Expansion of Levels that offers examples of how each Level of Progression statement might look in practice;
- Desirable Features that set out characteristics showing progression in a range of ICT activities; and
- Task Writing Tool to assist teachers in writing up their own tasks, and an associated task approval process to get feedback while developing your assessment tasks. Please note: submit tasks electronically for approval by CCEA to email@example.com
Acquisition and development of the three cross-curricular skills are a statutory requirement.
Assessment of Communication and Using Mathematics are statutory from September 2012 and assessment of Using ICT will become statutory from September 2013.
Registration for the scheme is now closed. If you have not registered for the scheme you can still make use of the Task Approval Process in advance of statutory assessment. For more details about assessment of Using ICT and the development of effective assessment tasks please see the advice and guidance resources for Using ICT on the NI Curriculum website.