GCSE in Music
This specification in GCSE Music is available for first teaching from September 2009. We will make the first awards in 2011.
This specification gives students opportunities to:
- develop their knowledge, understanding and appreciation of a range of different kinds of music;
- take part in music-making and communicate through music;
- develop their creativity;
- make informed judgements about musical quality;
- develop a lifelong interest in music; and
- learn about music-related careers.
This course prepares students for the study of music and related subjects at a more advanced level, for example Advanced Subsidiary and Advanced Level qualifications.