GCE Religious Studies
Seeing the world differently
3 good reasons to choose our qualification:
- Explore the meaning and purpose of life today
- Understand the development of religion in the 21st century
- New topics in A2 units include understanding global issues in religion and ethics
This specification is for first teaching from September 2016.
GCE Religious Studies offers an academic approach to the study of religion, ethics and philosophy. It gives students opportunities to:
- develop their knowledge and understanding of religion;
- discuss and evaluate religious beliefs, practices and values;
- develop an interest in and enthusiasm for religious studies;
- develop an understanding of spiritual, moral and cultural issues;
- adopt an enquiring, critical and reflective approach to the study of religion; and
- reflect on and develop their own values, opinions and attitudes.