Obtaining copies of Past Examinations Results/Replacement Certificates
A Certified Statement of Results is an official copy of the final examination results held by CCEA. This certified document is accepted by educational institutions and employers. It lists your subjects and grades, as shown on your original certificate.
Before applying, check with your centre to establish if CCEA (Northern Ireland) was the awarding body used for your examinations.
If you took your examinations within the last year, contact the Examinations Officer at your centreto check if they have your original certificates. CCEA dispatches certificates to centres approximately three months after exam results are published and centres are required to keep them for a minimum of 12 months.
We will issue a Certified Statement of Results if you have lost or did not collect your certificate from your centre and they no longer have the original.
You may use this application form to obtain a Certified Statement of Results for CCEA’s General Qualifications, including GCE A-Levels, GCSE, CSE, GCE O-Levels and Vocational Qualifications including Keyskills, Occupational Studies, OLA, QCF and Entry Level. This service is available for certificates obtained in 1963 to present.
We can only issue an original replacement certificate if the originals were damaged or defaced. Please return your original certificate(s) with a completed application. This service is only available for certificates issued from 2001 onwards.
CCEA does not hold results for the following qualifications: RSA; Pitman; City & Guilds; GNVQ and NVQ.
Please read the following points before clicking on the link at the end of these notes to complete and return by post the Replacement Certificate/Certified Statement of Results (RR1) Application Form.
- Complete all fields of the interactive application form (RR1) before clicking Print Form located on the checklist;
- The information you provide must be as accurate as possible;
- Ensure the return address or selected third party return address is complete and correct;
- Please allow up to 10 days for your application to be processed. We are unable to prioritise applications;
- Please note that CCEA cannot fax or email a Final Certifying Statement of Results;
- CCEA will issue all results held for you in a requested series – it is not possible to omit any subjects from the statement;
- Original certificates and Certifying Statements of Results are issued in the name of the candidate at the time the award was made. Please refer to the following link for notes and exceptions to this: Change of name on Certificates.
- For security and data protection reasons, we are unable to give results to callers over the telephone. You will need to complete the application form and return it to CCEA;
- Whilst we endeavour to locate your results, we are unable to guarantee success. You may have to contact more than one awarding body to obtain all your results.
- The fee is £10.00 per Certified Statement of Results requested;
Example: A statement for all GCSE’s subjects taken in one examination session, e.g. summer 2010 would cost £10.00. For additional requests e.g. GCE A Levels taken in another examination session, e.g. Summer 2012 would cost a further £10.00
- The fee for each original replacement certificate requested will be £19.00 (see above if eligible).
We can only accept payments (in sterling) by cheque or postal order made payable to:
(CCEA) Northern Ireland Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment.
Proof of Identity
- You must provide along with your application, a photocopy of two different types of identification (one of which must be photographic). We need to verify your identity in order to comply with the Data Protection Act and to help prevent fraud. Your application will be delayed if you do not send these with your application form.
Example: Driving licence, passport, birth certificate, electoral card or other official documentation.
- Please do not send original documents as CCEA cannot be held responsible for loss/damage to original documents.
Applications will not be processed until we have received all the relevant information.
Please ensure you have:
- Checked with your centre to confirm that CCEA (Northern Ireland) was the awarding body used for your examinations;
- Completed all relevant sections of the application;
- Enclosed the correct payment;
- Enclosed 2 photocopies of identification.
Incomplete applications may be returned or delayed.